The Visa on Arrival facility allows visitors to obtain a visa upon their arrival in India. Following countries are eligible for a visa on arrival in India:
Andorra, Anguilla, Antigua & Barbuda, Argentina, Armenia, Aruba, Australia
Bahamas, Barbados, Belgium, Belize, Bolivia, Brazil
Cambodia, Canada, Cayman Island, Chile, China, China- SAR Hong Kong, China- SAR Macau, Colombia, Cook Islands, Costa Rica, Cuba
Djibouti, Dominica, Dominican Republic
East Timor, Ecuador, El Salvador, Estonia
Fiji, Finland, France
Georgia, Germany, Grenada, Guatemala, Guyana
Haiti, Honduras, Hungary
Indonesia, Ireland, Israel
Jamaica, Japan, Jordan
Laos, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg
Malta, Malaysia, Marshall Islands, Mauritius, Mexico, Micronesia, Monaco, Mongolia, Montenegro, Montserrat, Mozambique, Myanmar
Nauru, Netherlands, New Zealand, Nicaragua, Niue Island, Norway
Palau, Palestine, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Portugal
Republic of Korea, Republic of Macedonia, Russia
Saint Christopher and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent & the Grenadines, Samoa, Seychelles, Singapore, Slovenia, Solomon Islands, Spain, Sri Lanka, Suriname, Sweden
Taiwan, Tanzania, Thailand, Tonga, Turks & Caicos Island, Tuvalu
UAE, Ukraine, United Kingdom, USA, Uruguay
Vanuatu, Vatican City-Holy See, Venezuela, Vietnam
The Visa on arrival can be obtained at 16 of the International airports in India.
Bengaluru, Chennai, New Delhi, Goa, Kochi, Kolkata, Mumbai, Hyderabad, Thiruvananthapuram, Varanasi, Ahmedabad, Jaipur, Amritsar, Gaya, Lucknow and Trichy
Upload your photo & passport page and fill in the required information
Visa Fee payment
Proceed towards the visa fee payment
Receive the ETA online
You will then receive an ETA on your mail
Note: Always provide an active mail-id
Leave for India
Print the ETA, and keep it handy while the time of travel
- Applicants from the eligible countries need to apply online atleast 4 days in advance from the date of their arrival in India with a window of 30 days. e.g., if you are applying on the 1st of November, then select the arrival date from 5th November to 4th December.
- Provide correct information while filling your online ETA application. Recheck your application once before finally submitting it. And, provide clear documents, especially photograph to avoid rejection.
Note: Application with an unclear photo, and incomplete information are likely to get rejected.
- The visa on Arrival fee is USD 60, and you can pay it online through you Credit/Debit Card Card or any other online transfer mode of payment. And, you must pay the Visa on Arrival fee 4 days prior to your expected sate of travel to make sure the applications gets processed on time.
- Once Submitted the Tourist Visa on Arrival fee is non-refundable.
- Make sure to carry your ETA with you at the time of travel.
- You can also track the online status of your application by clicking the visa status on the government’s website.
Benefits of Visa on arrival in India
- Stay in India for a total of 30 days from the date of arrival in the country
- Enjoy a maximum of two visit in a calendar year
- Upload a Digital photograph
- Format- JPEG Size
- Size:10 kb to 1 MB
- The height & size of the photo must be equal
- The photograph must be recent, clear, with full face view, front view, and eyes open
- The Background should be plain, light colored or white colored
- There should not be any shadow on the background or the face
- The photograph should be without any border
The ETA Visa fee is divided into four slabs of starting from zero, US$25, US$48 and US$60, depending on nationality of the applicant. A 2.5% of bank fee is additional charged from the applicants.